12 January 2010

Ever had the feeling that you've been cheated?

Peaches Geldof wins damages over prostitute claims, according to the BBC.

I don't know about you, but to me, this story stinks.

"Peaches Geldof, daughter of Bob Geldof, has accepted substantial, undisclosed libel damages over a newspaper claim that she had worked as a prostitute."

I can't believe that a newspaper would make such a stupid mistake. I can't believe that the newspaper would have any interest in defaming the protagonist.

I wonder what will happen to the undisclosed damages?

Part payment for raising the protagonist's profile, perhaps?

2 comments:

  1. "I can't believe that a newspaper would make such a stupid mistake. I can't believe that the newspaper would have any interest in defaming the protagonist."



    I can't believe you haven't just fallen out of the Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why so, Sam_m?

    I just see the story as a means of raising the protagonist's profile. Nothing else.

    What's your take?

    ReplyDelete